Tuesday, March 27

Things That I Resemble

When asked to describe yourself, what would you say? Well, I compared my nature and my attitude to the simple things in life which in some way or the other resemble my existence. 


A rock : There are billions and trillions of different rocks all around this planet. Each one of us is truly like a rock. Different form the rest. I am one too. But, to notice my true potential, I need to be extracted from the rest of the pile and be polished and cleaned to actually find the diamond in hidden inside the core. Just like that, my genuine potential needs to be tapped and my true capabilities need to emerge.


A glass of water : Water takes the shape of any container it is placed in. Similarly, my mindset is also contained and my power of reasoning too is limited because of this. So what is this container? In the simplest of words, your religion, your morals, and your education act as these 'containers'. To actually explore my true capacity, I must be pulled out of this container to 'expand' my sense of reasoning. 
Water is also a great homogenous mixture, or a liquid, in which any other (or most other) substance can mix without any hassle. It can dissolve in itself any other fluid too. Its a combination of several fluids mixed together so well that the extraction is very difficult and to see them distinctly too is impossible. Just like this, I too am like water, a good combination of all things combined together, a musician, an artist, a balanced student, a cook, an obedient son and several such profiles mixed. 


A sponge : This fluffy material can absorb so much at once and keep on doing so till its highest capacity, yet it doesn't leak or pour out its content unless pressed for application. Equivalently, after studying, I can retain all that I have read yet, I need to be 'pressed' to release that information. It simply does not flow out on its own. But, when a force, which shares resemblance to that 'pressing', is applied, I can reproduce all that information just like it was intended. This 'force', maybe the pressure form exams or parents, or the inner voice which asks the mind to recreate that information, or the visual image of the consequences of not being able to emulate that text. It may also be scolding from my mother or self consciousness. The shortage to time is a common 'force' in my are because of which I generally can reproduce my lessons.


The common cliched example in context to what I have cited above is a pencil. Needs to be sharpened. Soon gets blunt, a sharpener (the 'FORCE') comes into existence which results in a sharp lead which is used to write pages all together.





No comments:

Post a Comment